We are looking for part time and full time sushi chefs to join the East Meadow Kitchen Team!
At Stew Leonard’s, we believe in S.T.E.W. – Satisfying the customer, Teamwork gets it done, Excellence in everything we do, WOW-ing the customers with a one-of-a-kind shopping experience.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has prior experience as a Sushi Chef, ideally 2 – 5 years
- Demonstrates a passion for food
- Possesses an eye for detail when creating and displaying sushi products
- Delivers great customer service to our customers by preparing the freshest sushi products in a prompt and courteous manner
- Thrives in a fast pace work environment
- Must be a team player
- Will work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the department (which includes evenings, weekends and holidays)
Job responsibilities include:
- Prepares fresh sushi products for our customers
- Operate, clean, and maintain equipment/machinery, tools, and workstations
- ServSafe certification a plus but not necessary
- Perform shift opening and closing duties as assigned to include cleaning the cases, cutting boards, equipment and floors.
- Maintain kitchen, cooking areas, sushi counters, kitchen equipment, refrigeration units and food storage areas clean, sanitary and organized.
- Handle, store, label, and rotate products in accordance with public health safety, state and local laws.
- Use knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to portion, cut, slice, julienne, whip, beat, maintain holding temperature, chill, freeze or otherwise produce food.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, reaching, repetitive hand and arm movements, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Stew Leonard’s, a family-owned and operated fresh food store founded in 1969, has five stores in Norwalk, Danbury, and Newington, Conn. and Farmingdale & Yonkers, N.Y. with a sixth store planned in East Meadow, N.Y. Stew’s earned its nickname, the “Disneyland of Dairy Stores” because of its country-fair atmosphere, with costumed characters and animated entertainment throughout the store that keep children entertained while parents shop. Stew Leonard’s legion of loyal shoppers is largely due to the stores’ passionate approach to customer service: “Rule #1 -- The Customer is Always Right”; Rule #2 – If the Customer is Ever Wrong, Re-Read Rule #1.” This principle is so essential to the foundation of the company that it is etched in a three-ton granite rock at each store’s entrance. The company’s culture is built around an acronym for S.T.E.W.: Satisfy the customer; Teamwork gets it done; Excellence makes it better; WOW makes it fun.
TOP TEN reasons to Work at Stew Leonard's
|#1.||Ranked consistently as a FORTUNE Magazine's 100 Best Company to Work For 10 years in a row!|
|#2.||Career opportunity and growth - 82% of our Managers have been promoted from within|
|#3.||The strongest career training programs in the industry, and flexible schedules and work opportunities|
|#4.||A family-oriented company that respects the personal balance between work and family life|
|#5.||Pride in knowing that Stew Leonard’s is actively involved in our neighborhoods and is a positive force for change in the community|
|#6.||Perks big and small - from holiday parties & beach extravaganzas to a fully loaded refrigerator in the company cafeteria, the perks just can't be beat|
|#7.||One of the best benefit packages in the country, including 401(k), profit sharing, and medical benefits|
|#8.||A college scholarship designed to help Team Members with the expense of education|
|#9.||A fast, exciting environment that puts as much emphasis on fun and customer service as it does on sales and profits|
|#10.||An equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity is about more than just physical traits, but is a celebration of cultures, experiences, opinions and life itself|
Working at Stew Leonard's is never about being a face in the crowd;
it's about joining a growing team and becoming yourself at your very best!
Company Website: www.stewleonards.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)