We are seeking a Full Time Commercial Food Equipment Mechanic / Technician to maintain and repair Bakery, Kitchen, Meat Department and general industry equipment.
Job requirements include:
- HS diploma or trade school equivalent.
- NY driver’s license.
- 3-5 years experience in any of the following trades: HVAC/refrigeration, plumbing, carpentry, commercial food equipment repair (preferred), electrical 480, 220, 120 (preferred).
- Forklift certification (or willing to obtain certification).
- Proficient with computers.
- Flexible schedule.
- Available to be on-call on evenings and weekends on a rotating basis.
- Heavy lifting (up to 75lbs), standing, climbing (ladders up to 20 ft.), kneeling, and sitting for extended periods of time, working in extreme conditions, operating machinery (scissor lifts fork lifts, and more), and travel to and from CT for training courses as needed.
Stew Leonard’s, a family-owned and operated fresh food store founded in 1969, has six stores in Norwalk, Danbury, and Newington, CT and Farmingdale, East Meadow & Yonkers, NY. Stew’s earned its nickname, the “Disneyland of Dairy Stores” because of its country-fair atmosphere, with costumed characters and animated entertainment throughout the store that keep children entertained while parents shop. Stew Leonard’s legion of loyal shoppers is largely due to the stores’ passionate approach to customer service: “Rule #1 -- The Customer is Always Right”; Rule #2 – If the Customer is Ever Wrong, Re-Read Rule #1.” This principle is so essential to the foundation of the company that it is etched in a three-ton granite rock at each store’s entrance. The company’s culture is built around an acronym for S.T.E.W.: Satisfy the customer; Teamwork gets it done; Excellence makes it better; WOW makes it fun.
TOP TEN reasons to Work at Stew Leonard's
|#1.||Ranked consistently as a FORTUNE Magazine's 100 Best Company to Work For 10 years in a row!||
|#2.||Career opportunity and growth - 82% of our Managers have been promoted from within|
|#3.||The strongest career training programs in the industry, and flexible schedules and work opportunities|
|#4.||A family-oriented company that respects the personal balance between work and family life|
|#5.||Pride in knowing that Stew Leonard’s is actively involved in our neighborhoods and is a positive force for change in the community|
|#6.||Perks big and small - from holiday parties & beach extravaganzas to a fully loaded refrigerator in the company cafeteria, the perks just can't be beat|
|#7.||One of the best benefit packages in the country, including 401(k), profit sharing, and medical benefits|
|#8.||A college scholarship designed to help Team Members with the expense of education|
|#9.||A fast, exciting environment that puts as much emphasis on fun and customer service as it does on sales and profits|
|#10.||An equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity is about more than just physical traits, but is a celebration of cultures, experiences, opinions and life itself|
Working at Stew Leonard's is never about being a face in the crowd;
it's about joining a growing team and becoming yourself at your very best!
Company Website: www.stewleonards.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)